If you’re a PC gamer, you need more than a console, a controller, and a comfy place to sit. In fact, you’re a different breed of gamer altogether. That means that you’re going to need to stock up on all the necessary PC accessories if you want to have fun – and win your games.
Today we’re rounding up all the things any PC gamer must have in order to keep up with other gamers that have caught on to PC gaming’s popularity.
1. Gaming Desk
As a PC gamer, you spend a lot of time sitting at a desk. The last thing you want is to have to spend all that time using a rickety old desk that wobbles very time you shift a little.
There are many different sized gamer desks. The one you choose will depend on how much space in your house you have and what kind of equipment you have. But if it were up to me, I’d find one big enough to accommodate my PC, a full-sized keyboard, and any snacks I want to munch on while I play.
2. A Matching Chair
Just like having a gaming desk is important, having a matching gaming chair is important too. After all, you don’t want to be uncomfortable.
Many PC gamers swear by the “racing” style gaming chair. They offer an extra tall backrest that supports your shoulders and neck to prevent fatigue. Plus, they look cool!
3. Proper Headset
Whatever you do, don’t use the headset you used as a little kid that plugged into a portable DVD player so the noise didn’t bother your parents.
When it comes to PC gaming headsets, you’ll want to make sure you invest a little extra money to ensure its quality. Here are some of the qualities too look for:
- Platform compatibility
- 40mm+ driver size
- Microphone for team play
- Lightweight material and cushion
- Closed audio to drown out surrounding noise
You’ll also have to decide whether to choose a wired or wireless headset, which will come down to personal preference.
In the end, the type of PC headset you use matters if you want to enjoy your gaming experience and claim victory.
4. Extra Large Mousepad
A traditional mousepad isn’t going to cut it when you game on a PC. That’s because you’ll need a larger surface area to navigate the screen without falling off the pad and making a critical mistake that may cost you the game.
5. Tools for Fixes
Being a PC gamer isn’t all about playing video games and becoming the best. Any experienced PC gamer will tell you there are repairs to be made.
That’s why it’s important you have a gaming computer toolbox on hand with things like:
- Magnetic Screwdrivers: the most common tool you’ll need when fixing your PC is a good set of screwdrivers. Magnetic ones help makes things easier on you, especially when it comes to dealing with tiny screws.
- Extra Screws: speaking of tiny screws, losing them is a pain and can really set your gaming time back. Investing in a screw kit that has things like brass and aluminum standoffs, fan screws, washers, and even thumbscrews for your case doors can reduce the frustration of losing small PC parts.
- Cable Management: you know just as well as we do that unless you make an effort to improve your cable situation, it’s going to stay a hot mess. Take some time to organize your cables with some Velcro ties or cable management sleeves and get your life together.
And there you have it! The top accessories all PC gamers should have in their arsenal at all times to ensure a seamless gaming experience. So, get out there, buy what you need, and start playing today without a worry on your mind – only the thought of winning.