I have deleted all of my pictures by accident. Instead of hitting delete selected images, I clicked delete all. What should I do? How can I restore photos?
Today, it is impossible to not take pictures. It is easier to click photos with emerging new smartphones that have great camera quality. We click pictures on every occasion to save the memories forever. However, sometimes these memories get deleted by mistake or due to some system issue. In such a scenario, how can you restore deleted images?
Let’s find out.
This article will discuss the methods to restore deleted images through some tricks, software solution, and service solution. One of these solutions can help you successfully restore deleted photos. However, ensure that you follow the steps, and avoid tampering (overwriting, completely erasing, damaging the hard drive, etc.) with the data.
How to Restore Deleted Photos?
This section contains two DIY methods for picture restoration. But these might not work if you have permanently deleted pictures.
Check Recycle Bin
All the erased data including pictures, data, videos, etc. end up in the recycle bin when you delete it. Follow these steps to restore deleted images.
- Open Recycle Bin.
- Select the deleted images that you want to restore.
- Click Restore.
Tips for recycle bin recovery.
- Search by name if you remember the file name of pictures that have been deleted.
- You can sort images by the file type such as JPEG, PNG, etc.
- If you want to restore all, then you don’t have to select images. Just choose restore all.
Note: You can’t restore photos if the deletion occurred by SHIFT+DELETE. This combination permanently deletes the pictures.
Restore the Previous Version
Another method is to restore the previous version of the folder. Here’s how you can do it.
- Go to the folder from which the pictures were deleted.
- Right click and hit Restore previous version.
- In the pop-up window, you will find the previous versions.
- Restore the latest one.
If you can’t find the option to restore previous versions, follow these steps.
- Press R and Windows key
- Type control panel.
- Hit OK and go to System Protection from System.
- Select Restore settings from the hard drive.
- Select Restore system settings and previous versions of files.
Use Stellar Photo Recovery Software to Restore Deleted Pictures
If you are unable to restore photos from the above DIY methods, you can use a picture restore software. Below we have explained its functioning.
- Download the software from stellar website
- Open the downloaded file and install the software.
- First, select the language of your choice.
- Then, click I accept the license agreement.
- Select Destination Location where your software file will be stored.
- Select Start Menu Folder if you want to add software to start menu.
- Select Additional Tasks such as desktop shortcut.
- Lastly, press Install.
For scanning the folder to restore photos, follow these steps.
- Launch Stellar Photo Recovery and Select What to Recover (All media, photos, audios, and videos).
- Hit Next.
- Select Location of the selected data.
- Click Scan.
- The software will search and display the restored media.
- Select and mark the files you want to recover.
- Hit Recover and select the location where you want to save your recovered files.
In a few minutes, your pictures will be recovered. You can restore and backup these pictures to avoid future issues.
Note: You can use the Deep Scan feature to conduct a thorough search for deleted photos.
Use Picture Restoration Services
If you are unable to restore photos from any of the above methods, you can use Stellar Photo Recovery services.
However, don’t meddle with the files if the above methods fail. Stop trying random tricks and contact Stellar Photo Recovery for data recovery services. We have Class 100 rooms for safe recovery of data. Further, our policy of “No Recovery, No Pay” ensures that you don’t get charged unless your data is recovered.
With us you can get, at your doorstep pick up services and 100% data privacy.
Anyone can delete photos accidentally, but most of the time, these pictures can be recovered either by using DIY methods or professional services. However, remember to not use unauthorized, unsafe methods for data recovery as it can permanently delete your data and harm your system as well. Hence, it is only advisable to only rely on safe recovery methods given above or Stellar Data Recovery services for secure picture restoration.